Basics: Laminated permanent magnets
Laminated permanent magnets are special magnetic assemblies. Using magnet segmentation technology, several items of rare earth neodymium magnets or samarium cobalt magnets are segmented and then laminated with glue into one whole. Rare earth magnets are glued with each other or onto a steel plate with the same polarity on one side.
Laminated magnets produce little eddy current. At the same time, the performance is as good as a normal magnet or even better. It is primarily developed for the purpose of bringing down eddy current in electric machines that cause loss in efficiency because of heat generated in the magnetic circuit.
Laminated rare earth magnets are the best option for motor makers who want to improve efficiency by changing their permanent magnet motor materials. It is an increasing trend that aerospace, motorsport, automobile, and commercial markets start using laminated permanent magnets.
- The special production method boosts the competitive advantage in the production efficiency, improving cost-effectiveness
- Using insulation gluing technology, these tiny magnets are insulated from each various other;
- The density of protecting layers is within 0.04 mm
- The bond stamina of insulating layers can reach more than 50mpa at room temperature
- The maximum operating temperature can reach 200 ℃
- The dimensional tolerance for laminated permanent magnet is within ± 0.5mm
- Laminated magnets are available in both samarium cobalt and neodymium iron boron materials
Price of Laminated SmCo and NdFeB Magnets
Rare earth price is volatile all the time. Before deciding whether to use NdFeB or Sm2Co17, designers need to consider many aspects, such as maximum operating temperature, current market price of rare earth materials, etc.
Tengye produces NdFeB and Sm2Co17 laminated magnet for your high efficiency electric machine. Do you need more information about which materials to use and what the prices are? We look forward to hearing from you. Send us an inquiry by filling the inquiry form.